by Tara Osipoff on August 20, 2013
5 Trends I Love in Fall Menswear for 2013
1) Scarves are always a fall favourite for accessorizing your look. This year in menswear they are making a bold appearance. The trend for 2013 is not big or small, it’s bold, as long as it makes a statement it will be on point.
2) We love to wear the earth tones when fall rolls around. This year we are taking a different approach to colour in fall fashion. Maroon is the trend this season. The head to toe maroon look is being worn from the runway to the streets. If full maroon is too much for you, choose a statement piece like a blazer or take it down to an accent piece with a tie. Anything goes as long as the colour makes an appearance.
3) The Pyjama top. Okay, the trend isn’t at all suggesting you roll out of bed and head out for the day. It is the opposite in fact. This fall the hot look is taking Pyjama inspired prints and putting them on your most stylish cut blazers. It is a vintage smokers jacket look. Elegant, classy and bold prints inspired by the most lavish pyjamas in fashion history.
4) Trends are known to repeat themselves and appear in an evolved new look. We are seeing that this year with camo in menswear. From backpacks to blazers, camo is the print that is being worn with every type of look, from casual to formal. You can dress up your look with a sleek camo blazer or take it to a simple splash of the print with a scarf or tie.
5) Polish up your hiking boots guys, this falls trend has your boots paired with everything from suits to khaki’s. Wear your favourite pair of hikers to your next event with a sleek suit and be the guy who is on point this fall. Or pair them with a cool pair of casual pants, a knit sweater and a stylish scarf for a simpler version of the trend. Either way, make sure your boots look clean and fresh, otherwise you will just look lazy and frumpy – not on trend.